June 3rd 2001
Well more progress today. Paul
VE3EU came around at 7am and by 7:30 we had the mixer going.
It only took 2 1/2 hours to fill the hole with concrete. We
were lucky with
the weather, it rained lightly twice while we were mixing, and
about an hour after it got heavier.
This evening I worked on
restoring the two 70cms beams. They needed new driven
elements and these were made from 1/4" copper tubing. They
are almost ready to go, subject to another trip to the
hardware store. Next job is to investigate where to get a
power splitter and to make up the RG213 jumpers.
June 9th 2001
What a beautiful day. We were
over at the Fergus Hamfest this morning, and when we got back
the tower was extended. Everything apart from the last
section is up now. That was left down because I do not have
the rotator yet, and it will be a lot easier to do any
drilling to mount it before it goes up in the air.
above images show the 4th and 5th sections going up
Next week I will get the
rotator and hopefully get the last piece done next weekend.
June 14th 2001
A quick visit into Radioworld
relieved me of some of my hard earned cash, and a new Yaesu
rotator came home with me. I got the holes drilled in the
tower plate and everything is now ready for the final section
to go up. And also tonight, thanks to my friend 'The Fig' I
now have a safety belt of my own, so getting the last work
done on the tower will be easier.